Unboxing the Kyglaring 10232 Classic Version Light Kit for the Palace Cinema Modular Building

 

Hey brick fans!  I just bought an LED lighting kit for my Palace Cinema modular building.  I was going to buy a light kit from Lightailing or Briksmax, but they've discontinued the sets for the Palace Cinema.

In shopping for the light kit, I wanted to make sure that there was just one USB connection port instead of some kits that feature a multiple light strands on their own separate USB power source.  I didn't one to have to buy a USB hub just to connect all the strands together.

Further, because I wanted to light up my Palace Cinema's iconic tall signboard with blinking LED lights around the Palace logo.  

So the light kit I bought off Aliexpress is called Easylite, but a little more research reveals that the kits also come by the name of Kyglaring.  This light kit seems to check off all of my wants, so let's hope it mets all of my expectations.

The lighting kit set came suer fast!  I ordered it off Aliexpress on August 24th and it arrived this morning Aug 31, like literally one week from China to Canada.

Here's the link to the Aliexpress listing: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DkU5i87.  The store name is Easylite Official store but I'm not sure if Easylite is actually a brand or not.

Pictured on the front of the box are the words: Light Up New World, Lighting Kit, Bring Shine and Sound to your Model World.


On the back of the box it states the Company Name is Shenzhen Start Line Technology Co. ltd with a contact number but no website or other indication that the product is Easylite or Kyglaring.


Only upon opening the box, you will find a Kyglaring business card and a package containing all the light kit elements.


Here's what I got: Nine cellophane bags, six are numbered and three are not.  The three that are not numbered consist of the two spotlight light strands and a bag for the usb plug and  led wire hub.











I'm surmising that the other light strands will provide lighting the Palace Cinema limousine, the exterior of both floors of the Palace Cinema building and lighting for the interior as well.



Additionaly, I got a USB powered battery pack (three AA batteries not included) and a prebuilt brick part for the signage that has two led wire feeds.


Here's the business card with the company logo.

There is no instruction booklet that comes with the light kit, you have to download the PDF copy from their website using the QR code.

https://instructions.kyglaring.com/?p=16164

They have a good selection of lighting kits on their website so do check them out if you are looking for those hard to find light kits.

At the moment I've got quite a backlog of sets to build, so I probably won't get around to lighting up the Palace Cinema as soon as I'd like, but I will do a blog post about testing the light kit to make sure that all the components work.  If they don't we will find out together what the after sales service is like.   Look for that post in about a week or two.   If you are interested in that, please do come back and visit my blog.

Thanks and bye for now!